The 148th running of the Kentucky Derby will take place Saturday from Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky, and will be televised by NBC. Post time is scheduled for 6:57 p.m. ET.
Zandon opens as the 3-1 morning-line favorite in what has shaped up to be a wide-open race. Epicenter (7-2) and Messier (8-1) come in next, followed by Mo Donegal and White Abarrio, who both opened at 10-1.
There are a host of middle-to-long shots sure to see plenty of action led by Taiba (12-1), who has won both of his starts but is not nearly as well-seasoned as the rest of the field.
BIGGEST STORYLINES:Five things to watch at 148th Kentucky Derby
WRONG (PROBABLY):Why your Derby horse can (and can’t) win
Kentucky Derby post time
The 2022 Kentucky Derby’s estimated post time is 6:57 p.m EST. Live racing from Churchill Downs will begin at 10:30 a.m.
TV and streaming info
The race will air on NBC, which will begin coverage at 2:30 p.m. Earlier coverage beginning at noon will be broadcast on USA Network.
Streaming begins at noon ET on the NBC Sports app and NBCSports.com. Peacock will provide live coverage starting at 2:30 p.m.
Odds for the field
Post position, horse, trainer, jockey, odds
For up-to-the-minute odds, visit KentuckyDerby.com.
1. Mo Donegal, Todd Pletcher, Irad Ortiz Jr., 10-1
2. Happy Jack, Doug O’Neill, Rafael Bejarano, 30-1
3. Epicenter, Steve Asmussen, Joel Rosario, 7-2
4. Summer Is Tomorrow, Bhupat Seemar, Mickael Barzalona, 30-1
5. Smile Happy, Kenny McPeek, Corey Lanerie, 20-1
6. Messier, Tim Yakteen, John Velazquez, 8-1
7. Crown Pride, Koichi Shintani, Christophe Lemaire, 20-1
8. Charge It, Todd Pletcher, Luis Saez, 20-1
9. Tiz the Bomb, Kenny McPeek, Brian Hernandez Jr., 30-1
10. Zandon, Chad Brown, Flavien Prat, 3-1
11. Pioneer of Medina, Todd Pletcher, Joe Bravo, 30-1
12. Taiba, Tim Yakteen, Mike Smith, 12-1
13. Simplification, Antonio Sano, Jose Ortiz, 20-1
14. Barber Road, John Ortiz, Reylu Gutierrez, 30-1
15. White Abarrio, Saffie Joseph Jr., Tyler Gaffalione, 10-1
16. Cyberknife, Brad Cox, Florent Geroux, 20-1
17. Classic Causeway, Brian Lynch, Julien Leparoux, 30-1
18. Tawny Port, Brad Cox, Ricardo Santana Jr., 30-1
19. Zozos, Brad Cox, Manny Franco, 20-1
20. Ethereal Road, D. Wayne Lukas, Luis Contreras, SCR
21. Rich Strike, Eric Reed, Sonny Leon, 30-1